Success in the gym is best described as the “Long Game”
Daily consistency over the period of a year rules over any given personal best, competition results or end of 30 day challenge.
Within the year, strategies I’ve used to progress over 34 years:
1. Record your results in a log
2. Incrementally (in small measures) seek strategic progression.
3. Control volume and intensity in a way that minimizes injury, ensuring progress without delay.
4. Time under tension over rep counts
5. Quality contraction of the muscles vs just lifting the weight.
6. Strategic eating to exactly match your training and lifestyle needs.
Consistent yourself an architectural engineer when building your body and you stand the best chance of a life of longevity, performance and aesthetics.